Crafting can be a soothing experience for all whether it is done as a hobby or done professionally. An embossing machine can help you make creative cards, scrapbooks and generally decorate several surfaces with cut and shaped materials. Embossing machines can help you beautify simple looking daily items based on your creativity.
Embossing machines can be found to be manually functioning or electronically functioning. Whether you like crafting in a classic manner or a modern manner, you will want an embossing machine that is versatile, affordable, durable and easy to maintain as well as operate. So, here are 6 of the best embossing machines to help you decide.
Top 6 Embossing Machine Reviews
The 2003782 Cuttlebug Die Cutting & Embossing Machine from Cricut is one of the best embossing machines in the crafting industry. It is one of the best-selling embossing machines because it is easy to use and maintain. My family members and I observed the effectiveness of this machine over a couple of weeks. We were highly delighted with the results.
My family members and I appreciated how easy it was to work with Cricut’s Embossing Machine. This machine is designed with an integral suction system that works optimally. This suction begins to function automatically when both of the doors are opened. We found it very simple to use the roller. All that is required is to put the embossing folder or die cut inside the opening. Then, the handles need to be turned with minimum effort so that the embossing folder or the die cut slides forward and out of the opening on the opposite side. We found it easy to store away the machine because of its compact design. The foldable handle can be easily stored within the machine. It is easy to adjust the included plates within the machine as required.
We were amazed at the final result produced by the machine. We created a variety of things with the machine like scrapbooks and special event greeting cards. We were able to obtain crisp, professional looking embossed materials and die cuts. The plates are strong enough to handle various textures of materials from thin leather to even tissue paper.
Overall, our experience was perfect with this machine. Only my aunt who had never used a machine like this before had issues with obtaining the same level of crisp and professional appearing embossed materials and die cuts. She hurt her hand holding the machine down as it worked because she was unaware of keeping a safe distance from the machine. However, we felt that the machine has an ample amount of space surrounding it for its users. An instruction booklet was provided but perhaps it was too complex for an inexperienced user to understand.
- Able to work with a wide range of materials like foils, acetate ribbon, tissue paper and thin leather
- Company usually includes A2 embossing folder, a 6×8 A plate, two 6×8 B plates, a 6×8 rubber mat for embossing and 2 metal dies
- Compact design occupying minimum space
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Easy to store and maintain
- Automatic features
- Built-in suction system
- Easy to use roller
- Results in crisp and professional looking final product
- Complex to understand instruction booklet
- Difficult to use for inexperienced users
The 660340 Big Shot Plus Cutting/Embossing Machine is one of the best embossing machines to possess. This is because the product gained a lot of favoritism within the market for accommodating its users largely on a commercial level. My friend and her staff members at her wedding organizing business tried out this embossing machine with me. We were very impressed and my friend considered it to be a significant advantage for any business within the crafting industry.
My friend and her staff members were extremely glad to have this embossing machine at their workplace. This is because the machine is able to work with materials of large dimensions at a great speed. This increased efficiency and the output level of my friend’s business outstandingly. It was very resourceful for them to have a versatile option to use various materials from 8.5 inches to 11 inches. The ratio of turns of the handle is worth praising as well. On top of this, the machine comes with many of the tools from the smallest to the biggest range for convenience. Additionally, the machine has a sleek grey and white color scheme that goes hand in hand with a crafty décor themed workplace.
One of the major weaknesses of this product is its large size measuring 15.75 inches by 11.75 inches by 7.5 inches. Therefore, this machine takes up a lot of space and is not too easy to store. On a commercial perspective, storing Sizzix’s Embossing Machine is not so difficult. In my opinion, it is difficult to store in a regular sized household. I also felt that this machine would prove to be more resourceful to commercial spaces than on a personal level in a common household. From my perspective, the relatively high price will not hold large value for domestic use.
- Versatile being able to use materials from 8.5 inches to 11 inches
- Company normally provides variably sized embossing tools and plastic supported dies
- Works speedily
- Increases output and efficiency
- Sleek grey and white color adapts well to most modern décor themes
- Large in size with dimensions of 15.75 inches by 11.75 inches by 7.5 inches
- Requires positioning in a large space
- Requires large storage space
- Not portable
The 2000293 Cuttlebug Machine from Cricut is considered to be one of the best embossing machines in the present market. This model from Cricut gained a lot of popularity as soon as it was released because it offers superior perfomance at a superb price. My colleagues and I tried out this model at our homes for a couple of weeks. Overall, we were satisfied with the results.
My colleagues and I were amazed at how little space the embossing machine occupies. The machine is also able to be stored in a limited space without any hassle. The machine’s easy fold-n-store feature and compact structure makes it really advantageous to have within a cramped workplace or a small household. The Cricut Cuttlebug readily accepts a vast range of crafting materials for you to freely embellish by cutting and embossing. The machine also accepts all types of die. Cricut mostly provides all the necessary tools relative to this Cuttlebug model like cutting pads, embossing folder and spacer.
One of the biggest disappointments with this embossing machine lies in its handle. It appeared that the handle was not able to function properly in most of the cases. We found that we needed to make sure that the handle was actually locked in tightly. Actually, it was very difficult to automatically lock the handle tight in a gentle and effortless manner. The integral pop-up handle would easily come off if not locked in properly. One of my colleagues bruised his hand when the handle came off and fell on him. Another issue is that the opening of the machine where the material for embossing needs to be inserted, is too small. So, this restricts the use of large materials.
- Compact, fold-n-store design
- Occupies little space
- Easy to store
- An A spacer, 2 B cutting pads, a 5×7 embossing folder (simple flower design) and instruction manual mostly included
- Able to work on large array of crafting materials like recycled aluminium cans, foam, cardboard, felt and velvet
- Can accept almost all types of dies
- Reasonable in price
- Poorly built internal pop-up handle
- Small aperture for inserting materials
- Inconsistencies in product quality
- Not so durable
- Does not work with large sized materials
The Die Cutting and Embossing Machine Bundle designed by the company, Gemini by Crafter’s Companion is one of the top embossing machines within the current market. This is one of the favorites of the crafting industry because it functions electronically in a quiet and speedy manner. Some of the crafters within our local crafting club tested out this machine with me. We were all largely amazed by this embossing machine.
One of the best features of this machine is that it works electronically. This means that you will not have to face the strenuous exercise of turning any handle manually. Since, this functions electronically, we expected a lot of noise. To our delightful surprise, the machine worked very quietly. We were very happy to be able to work with quite large materials because of its large platform size. We could work on numerous dies simultaneously at a great speed. The ability to cut edge-to-edge was very useful since most coverage of the materials was possible. This embossing machine is simple to use with the simple presses of designated buttons in order to start, pause, restart and reverse the machine.
Almost all of us had a wonderful experience in using this machine. Unfortunately, one of the crafters faced some difficulties in operating the machine. The embossing mat had bunched up and his material got warped. The material could not get through and ended up with large tears on it. He also found it difficult to monitor the plates as they required flipping and rotating.
- Sleek, low profile design
- Works electronically
- Works efficiently and silently
- Enables complete edge-to-edge coverage of materials
- Extensive platform size of 9 inches by 12.5 inches
- Allows multiple dies to be cut
- Compatible with almost all embossing folders and dies
- Easy to control with buttons
- Warped occasionally
- Flawed plates at rare occasions
- Difficult to monitor flipping and rotating plates
5. Sizzix 655268 Big Shot Cutting-and-Embossing Roller-Style Machine with Standard Multipurpose Platform
The 655268 Big Shot Cutting-and-Embossing Machine is one of the best embossing machines within the present market. This is one of the favorites of all the classic style crafting enthusiasts. My friends and I tried this machine out. We were very satisfied with its performance.
One of the best features of this embossing machine is that it is largely adaptable to various settings. The main highlight of this product is its extended multipurpose platform that serves all the required conditions desirably. The machine is strong enough to handle working with several thick and delicate materials from simple tissue paper and fabric to thin metals like aluminium cans. This embossing machine is portable and accommodates the classic roller-style way of crafting. The suction system and the handle are made of high quality materials. It was also assembled accurately.
The only major problem with this embossing machine is that it is quite large in size with the dimensions of 14.25 inches by 12.38 inches by 6.63 inches. This makes it difficult to store within cramped spaces. Also, it requires quite a bit of space to keep the machine positioned at a specific place. This requires manual rotation of the handle to work. Therefore, the machine will not be suitable to those looking for less strenuous ways to craft. It is also important to consider that the included cutting pads do not function properly in all cases.
- Includes extended multipurpose platform and 2 standard cutting pads
- Works well with most tools and dies within the industry
- Able to accommodate various types of materials of both thick and delicate texture
- Handle and suction system function optimally
- For classic craft lovers
- Large in size
- Difficult to store and position
- Occupies large space
- Manual, strenuous way of crafting
- Included cutting pads do not work properly in many cases
The 660550 Big Shot Pro Cutting/ Embossing Machine from Sizzix is one of the most admired embossing machines at present. This is because the machine is versatile and can accommodate the use of large sized materials. We tried out this product at our office. We were amazed at its high efficiency and desirable output.
We appreciated the extensively versatile characteristic of this embossing machine. The machine is well adapted in using a large range of materials. Materials of various thickness, textures and large sizes can be used perfectly. The standard sliding tray is a major strength of this product because it can accommodate easy movement and functioning of several embossing and shape-cutting products. The machine is easy to use and most ideal on an industrial level.
This embossing machine is large in size and therefore difficult to store away or position within a cramped area. The machine is extremely heavy so it is difficult to relocate from time to time. We suggest clearing out a fixed spacious area to keep and use the machine safely. Another problem with this machine is that it is only compatible with Sizzix dies and SureCut dies from the Ellison education brand.
- Well adapted to work on large arrays of materials
- Able to work with almost any embossing folder
- 12-inch by 14-inch wide, standard sliding tray for optimal movement of embossing or shape-cutting products
- Can work on large sized materials
- Raises output and efficiency on an industrial level
- Large, heavy machine of 24.75 inches by 15 inches by 7.5 inches
- Only compatible with Sizzix dies and SureCut dies
- Difficult to position and store
- Not portable
- Does not include all the necessary parts