No products found.
No products found.
For those of you who want to take another step into creating the unique, personal, fun and creative artworks for the loved ones or for your own house, a good, reliable, low priced cutting machine is an important asset.
Maybe you have asked around, maybe you have some kind of idea which type to get and then it’s easier. But what if you sit on a fence and you find yourself in the situation of looking at two very similar products that look perfectly the same to you?
You may want to read our review on the new Cameo 3.
It’s the case of the Silhouette CAMEO 2 Touch Screen and Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Machine. Even though they are made by the same manufacturer, there are some similarities and some differences just as well.
For easier understanding, let’s review the similarities first:
- Both cutting machines are part of the new wave technology and come with a useful touch screen
- Both cutting machines have software that is compatible to Windows XP/Vista, 7/8 and you Mac
- The machines come with instruction and guide video
- You also get download card for vinyl designs
- The touch screen is easy to use, efficient and responsive in both machine
- The touch screen has few options which makes it easy to operate
- Both cutting machines come with USB cable for an easier connection to your laptop
- You may use these cutting machines to cut paper, vinyl, fabric and cardstock
- The materials you use for cutting need to be no more than 12 inches wide and 10 feet long
- You may replace the blade in both cases and use a pen instead
- The machines start sketching when you use the pen instead of the blade
- Both cutting machines are Pix Scan compatible
- You may register and cut printed materials
- You may save your art project on your PC
- The kits come with 4 sheets of premium vinyl
- You also get 10 feet of premium transfer paper in both cases
- The cutting machines come with hook, scrape, cutting blade, vinyl trimmer blade as tools
- The machines are easy to operate
- The machines set up the right blade for a specific material
- The cutting machines are lightweight and easy to carry around
- The machines don’t take much space so it’s easy to find a place for them
- There aren’t many residues left behind when using the machines
- Both cutting machines come at a good price
Some differences make the cutting machines, so here they are:
- The New Silhouette Cameo 2 is compatible with newer programs (Windows 10)
- You may connect the New Silhouette Cameo 2 to your laptop also
- You also get a metallic pen set with the New Silhouette Cameo 2 and a PixScan mat
- The New Silhouette Cameo 2 is able to adjust the speed and pressure to the material you’re using
- The New Silhouette Cameo2 comes with a card $25 worth in downloads
- If the mat of Silhouette Cameo leaves an adhesive feel, the cutting mat of New Silhouette Cameo tends to lose its stickiness after a while
- In the case of the Silhouette Cameo 2, an item might freeze for some minutes at time
- The Silhouette Cameo is a bit louder than New Silhouette Cameo 2
- The screen of the Silhouette Cameo feels a bit cheaper than the screen of New Silhouette Cameo 2
As you can’t see, there are more similarities than differences for the two cutting machines. Check your PC for its programs and a look at your abilities and needs before you make… the cut 🙂
See all the Cameo models, including the latest, on Amazon.